Time and again, the availability of bass heavy headphones in the market shows us the ever-rising popularity of bass headphones. Bassheads, as we often like to call the music enthusiasts who enjoy a well-balanced bass with the right punch and thump, are often on the lookout for newer, better, and more durable bass headphones.
And what exactly is Bass? To put it clearly, it is an audio spectrum that represents the lowest sounds of a song or audio. The people who invest in premium studio-quality bass headphones are audiophiles like you who are fully aware of what they are getting into and are weighing their options. Loosely defined, Audiophiles are the members of a community that cares about sound quality. For dictionary definition, you can refer to the screenshot shown below.
We have put together a list of 9 best headphones for bass that have proven to be as effective as they claim to be. But before we head over to the list, let’s take a look at the factors that will help you determine the bass quality. If you aren’t a newbie, feel free to skip the section.
Table of Contents
- 2 Factors That will Determine the Bass Quality of The Headphone:
- Best Bass Headphones
- #1. Sony WH-XB900N Extra Bass
- #2. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (80 ohm)
- #3. Audio-Technica ATH-M30x
- #4. 1MORE Triple Driver Over-Ear Headphones
- #5. Skullcandy S6CRW-K591 Crusher
- #6. Cowin E7 PRO ANC Headphones
- #7. Beats Solo Pro
- #8. Sony MDRXB800 Extra Bass
- #9. V-MODA Crossfade LP2
Name a few bass-heavy genres from the top of your mind?
Funk, Metal, Jazz, Hip-hop, and EDM, the likes of these instantly pop up at the front and center.
And although you might be able to experience and listen to these genres on a low-grade headphone, these headphones won’t do justice to the genres.
A bass headphone, on the other hand, will pack a solid punch and add the necessary thump to the music, providing you with the best experience. Our list of headphones presents some bass specific headphones, while other headphones have features that have accidentally turned them into an audiophile’s dream come true.
1. Frequency Response
It is one of the primary reasons behind the creation of this list. Volume limiting ensures that your kids aren’t subjected to excessive noise levels that may damage their hearing. While it’s easy to term any headphones or earphones as Best Headphones For Kids, it isn’t that simple. Brands churn out flashy headphones designed to attract the kids without implementing the most essential feature, that is volume limiting. Beware of these brands and do your research before you purchase a headphone because it has your son or daughter’s favorite cartoon on it.
2. Driver Size (Anything above 40mm)
Whenever you come across recommendations for Best Bass Headphones or Best Bluetooth Headphones, reviewers will advise you to avoid purchasing any headphone with drivers less than 40 mm. It either has to be 40 mm or above. Remember how it feels in the movie theatres when you are surrounded by these powerful speakers that you can feel through the rumble in your chest? These large drivers do a similar job. Unlike their smaller counterparts designed to compress sound, large drivers are meant to produce terrific large sounds
Headphone Type: Closed Over The Ear | Drivers : 40 mm Neodymium Magnets | Connection Type: Wireless | Noise Cancelling: Active Noise Cancellation | Impedance: 50 Ohms | Mic: Built-in | Frequency Response: 20 Hz–40,000 Hz
Crafted from lightweight plastic, these offer the wearer flexibility on the go. The headphones are a comfortable fit with its appropriate padding at the top, and combined with the 90-degree rotatable ear cups made of plush memory foams is a luxury. Additionally, these ear cups also prove to be effective in isolating noise.
Not many of you might be aware of it, but the Sony Wh-XB900N was inspired by the existing WH-1000MX3. The latter was considered to have overwhelming bass. XB900 is a slightly toned-down version with terrific yet well-balanced bass meant to please the bass heads. Apart from the passive isolation, the active noise canceling cancels any noise detected by the in-built microphone.
- Technologically advanced headphone, Built for Luxury and Comfort
- Excellente Active and Passive Noise cancellation.
- Intense bass, featuring detailed highs and Balanced mids.
- Touchpad & Quick Attention Mode for increased efficiency.
- A superbly designed and implemented android/iOS application.
- Feel the power of EXTRA BASS
- Next-level digital noise cancelling technology
- Enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling thanks to the integrated microphone and Bluetooth connectivity
Headphone Type: Open Over Ear | Drivers : 45 mm Dynamic Drivers | Connection Type: Wired | Noise Cancelling: Not Available | Impedance: 80 Ohms | Mic: Not Available | Frequency Response: 5 – 35,000 Hz
At the initial stage, you need to worry about the impedance, as there are two variations of this model. One offers 80-ohm impedance, whereas the other covers a whooping 250-ohm impedance. Higher impedance is better suited for devices that can handle more power without the fear of shorting out.
Beyerdynamics has offered the impossible at such an impressive price range. It perfectly balances the transition from sub-bass to bass and vice versa. Apart from the exceptional voice quality, these fancy headphones were also designed for maximum comfort, thanks to the memory foam padding and velour. Furthermore, it is another lightweight model made of plastic that’s easier to carry.
- Designed for Maximum Comfort with replaceable velour earpads and adjustable headband.
- Surpasses the expected bass quality with spacious and powerful sound.
- The detail in both highs and mids are surprisingly accurate.
- Exceptional Sound quality at an affordable price range
- Open over-ear headphones for Professional mixing, mastering, editing, and listening at home or in the studio
- Perfect for studio applications thanks to their transparent, spacious, strong bass and treble sound
- The soft, and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : 40 mm | Connection Type: Wired | Noise Cancelling: No, Passive Noise Isolation | Impedance: 47 Ohms | Mic: Not Available | Frequency Response: 15-20,000 Hz
A supremely fine pair of earphones built from plastic has leather headbands and ear cushions that were made to last. The range of movement afforded by the headphones is pretty neat, from the adjustable headband to the rotating mechanism, adding flexibility and ease to the operation.
Unlike the two that came before Audio Technica, it doesn’t have ANC. But the closed-back ear cups cover the ear offering solace from the unnecessary noise. The bass quality is not as great as Sony WH-XB900n, but at this price, it is nothing to scoff at.
- Offers the chance to experience a Punchy bass with a well-balanced audio response.
- Designed for simplicity, flexibility, and durability.
- Presents maximum comfort to the wearer for long hours.
- Great passive noise isolation at an especially low price.
- Advanced build quality and engineering
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned for enhanced detail, with excellent mid-range definition
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : Triple Drivers: Primary 40 mm graphene + ceramic tweeter +bass reflector | Connection Type: Wired | Noise Cancelling: No, Noise Isolation | Impedance: 32 Ohms | Mic: Not available | Frequency Response: 20 Hz- 40 kHz
The triple driver effectively accentuates bass without compromising clarity. Although the outer shell is plastic covered with a leather headband and ear cups that add to the overall trendy look, the headphone is highly durable. Now, the highlight of 1More Triple Driver headphone is the three drivers themselves. Triple driver doesn’t necessarily mean three different drivers.
With this headphone, it means 1more has built a single graphene driver, ceramic tweeter, and a bass reflector. Each part serves a purpose. The ceramic tweeter limits the distortion, whereas the bass reflector adds clarity and depth. These combinations make for a superior frequency response range up to 40khz.
- Unlike most of the others, it comes equipped with a replaceable Kevlar cable.
- Stellar sound Quality meant for extreme bass heads.
- Highly detailed production of lows and mids.
- Premium build quality with a stunning and trendy look.
- STUNNING STUDIO QUALITY SOUND WITH THREE DRIVERS - 40 mm graphene dynamic driver + ceramic tweeter + bass reflector deliver a hyper-realistic detailed sound stage with silky highs, precise mids, and deep bass
- STATE-OF-THE-ART DURABLE ALUMINUM ALLOY DESIGN - Anodized aluminum alloy ear cups for lasting durability and fingerprint resistance
- LUXURIOUS COMFORT - Adjustable stainless steel leather cushioned headband with rotating leather cushioned ear cups ensure a comfortable fit that perfectly conforms to your head and ears
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : Diameter: 40 | Connection Type: Wireless | Noise Cancelling: No, Noise Isolation | Impedance: 33 Ohms | Mic: Available | Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20KHz
Compared to other significantly built bass headphones on the list, Skull candy’s material doesn’t seem as durable. So far, that’s the only drawback of this pair. Otherwise, they are equipped with super comfortable memory foam earpads that one can keep on for hours without any discomfort.
The highlight of this headphone is its adjustable bass feature with haptic feedback. Not everyone will be comfortable with the overwhelming bass, and even the most enthusiastic bass heads might only consider slighting it halfway up. At its maximum level, you’ll feel the woofer right down to your bones. So, unlike some of the others, you have the option to play with frequency levels to figure out what works the best for you.
- The Bass slider combined with superior Battery life makes it a must-have for bass heads.
- Extremely comfortable and plush ear cups wearable up to long hours.
- Focuses on ease of access with its simple folding hinges and efficiently positioned buttons.
- An affordable model built with comfort in mind.
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Rapid Charge: 10 Minutes = 3 Hours; 40 Hours of Total Battery Life
- Adjustable Sensory Bass
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : 45 mm large-aperture Drivers | Connection Type: Wireless | Noise Cancelling: Active Noise Cancellation | Impedance: 32 Ohms | Mic: Built-in | Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
An improvement on an already excellent model Cowin E7 Pro brings out the best, including the sound quality and battery life. Honestly speaking, even though sound leakage is minimized to a comfortable extent. Also, the Active Noise cancellation feature could have been better utilized.
The bass quality also leaves much to be desired, but within the price range and combined with it’s more appreciable features, it is the Best Bass Headphones. Apart from that, Cowin has also upgraded the ear pads to a softer version for additional comfort. These are ideal for beginners messing around with bass but might not gell well with extreme bass heads.
- It’s Top-Notch 30+ hours Battery life makes it an asset.
- An upgrade that has done justice to the previous version with enhanced sound quality.
- Comfortable built upgraded with plushy ear pads.
- An affordable lightweight bass headphone for the beginners.
- Professional Active Noise Cancelling Technology. Significant noise reduction for travel, work and anywhere in between. Advanced active noise reduction technology quells airplane cabin noise, city traffic or a busy office, makes you focus on what you want to hear, enjoy your music, movies and videos. The noise cancellation function can work well both in wire and wireless mode
- Much Better Sound. Proprietary 45mm large-aperture drivers provide you with deep, accurate bass response. From 75dB to 85dB, the COWIN E7 PRO Active Noise Cancelling Over Ear headphones give you crisp, powerful sound and quiet that helps you enjoy your music better. The goal that provides Customers with better sound quality, is our constant pursuit
- Upgraded Soft Ear Cushions for Comfort with The professional protein earpad and 90 swiveling earcups: This Bluetooth headphones are equipped with Upgraded Soft Ear Cushions, which not only make it much more durability and comfort, but also make customers enjoy this high-quality, Long-listen feast. And the Skin texture, lightweight comfortable around-ear fit you can wear all day long. Gentle Reminder: please take off the headphones every 2-3 hrs to get your ears relax
#7. Beats Solo Pro
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : 40mm | Connection Type: Wireless | Noise Cancelling: Active Noise Cancellation | Mic: Built-In Dual
Beats Solo Pro beat the rest of the model when it comes to the overall look. Designed for a fashionable basshead, these are equipped with a stunning body. It has also excelled with the ANC feature by providing a secure fit, an aspect that the majority of headphones overlook.
Adding to that is its superb passive isolation, which also works wonders. These bass-heavy headphones were built, specifically, for the bass heads, and the model also facilitates the creation of an immersive environment.
- Offers wearer a lightning cable that facilitates quick charging, also known as Fast Fuel charging.
- Fantastic ANC feature, paired with stellar noise isolation.
- Better than the Beats Solo 3, this upgrade adds more to the overall look, comfort, and sound quality.
- Even with Siri at a hands distance away, it offers a superb battery life.
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones in red
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) blocks external noise
- Transparency helps you stay aware of your surroundings while listening
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : 50mm drivers | Connection Type: Wired | Noise Cancelling: No, isolation | Impedance: 24 Ohms | Mic: On the Wire | Frequency Response: 3Hz to 28kHz
Easily identifiable as Sony headphones, these bass headsets were designed for powerful bass. It’s understated yet flashy design makes for a compelling look. They feature ear pads covered with faux leather and filled with plush foam that adds comfort for a long duration of wear.
Even the headband is covered with faux leather, which is another plus for the ergonomic designs making it extremely portable. When connected to regular devices such as phones or tablets it might not work that great. But a device that can handle the bass will generate the right amount of pounding and thumping.
- Headphones with good bass paired with perfectly balanced mids and highs.
- Built from premium materials covered in top-notch faux leather to complete an especially trendy look.
- Truly phenomenal sound quality with decent sound isolation.
- A compact design meant for comfort and can be worn the entire day, without experiencing any pain.
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Drivers : 50 mm Dual Diaphragm Drivers | Connection Type: Wired | Noise Cancelling: No, Noise Isolation | Impedance: 32 Ohms | Mic: On Wire | Frequency Response: 5 – 30,000 Hz
One word to accurately describe this bold bass headphones model is rugged and another one would be tough! Built from highly durable material, these headphones have a premium feel that makes a beautiful design appear striking.
Adding further enhancement with gunmetal shields will make it a sight worthy of gods. The sound quality matches the look, giving the wearer deep lows and clear and precise highs, without a hint of distortion.
- Built like a tank to provide the wearer with the highest level of durability.
- Provides a truly extraordinary bass experience.
- Comfort with memory foam pads at an affordable price range.
- Not only does well with highs and lows but exceptionally well with mids
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers - inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids & vivacious highs without overlap.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Passive Noise Isolation - cuts out noise. To relieve the pressure, you can stretch the headband by bending it outwards (placing hands on the ends of the headband - not the ear cups). You may repeat this process until you're happy with a looser fit. You can also bend the headband inwards to make a tighter fit
- No Batteries or Processing - powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions - toxins that pollute your music
Last update on 2021-01-25 at 20:49