If the pandemic has taught us nothing else, then it has at least taught the importance of technology and how effective it is in connecting people. Once virtual schooling was considered to be a thing of the future, but it had to be implemented as an emergency protocol. And although it isn’t a full-proof solution, teachers and professors are conducting virtual lectures to teach their students, both children, and adults.
Even before the pandemic arrived, children were already comfortable with mobile phones, tablets, laptops, computers, headphones, and such electronic devices. Now, this is where we tell you the difference between a regular headphone compared to the children’s headphones equipped with secure technology. Kids’ headphones have volume limiters that ensure that the sound pressure doesn’t exceed a limit, namely 85 dB. When kids use headphones without these limiters, the chances of them damaging their ear and suffering hearing loss are higher.
We have assembled a list of 10 Best Kids Headphones for you to choose from, all of these options have volume limiters. But before you get to that, let’s consider the two factors that might help you decide which headphones you should pick.
Table of Contents
- 2 Factors To Consider While Purchasing headphones for kids:
- Best Headphones For Kids
- #1. JBL JR 300BT Kids On-Ear Wireless Headphones
- #2. LilGadgets Untangled PRO Kids Premium Wireless
- #3. ONANOFF BuddyPhones Wave
- #4. JLab Audio JBuddies Studio
- #5. Puro Sound Labs BT2200s
- #6. Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for Kids
- #7. Riwbox Bluetooth Headphones CT-7
- #8. CozyPhones Kids Headphones
- #9. MEE audio KidJamz 3 Child Safe Headphones
- #10. JuniorJams Volume Limiting Headphones for Kids
Headphone Type: Over The Ear
One of the challenges that many faces with over-ear headphones are portability. Their large size seems off-putting to some people even when they come with a travel case. But with kids studying or listening to audios and videos at home, this is a drawback that seems to be a moot point and overlooked. To make up for that small drawback, over-ear headphones offer maximum comfort akin to being wrapped up in a warm blanket in the cold. As the ears cover the kid’s ears entirely, it ensures that they aren’t distracted by unwanted noise. And although not all kids can tell the difference between highs and lows, they can quickly identify any hint of discomfort.
It is one of the primary reasons behind the creation of this list. Volume limiting ensures that your kids aren’t subjected to excessive noise levels that may damage their hearing. While it’s easy to term any headphones or earphones as Best Headphones For Kids, it isn’t that simple. Brands churn out flashy headphones designed to attract the kids without implementing the most essential feature, that is volume limiting. Beware of these brands and do your research before you purchase a headphone because it has your son or daughter’s favorite cartoon on it.
- Volume Level <= 85 dB
Let’s get something out of the way, although the output for kids headphones is often limited to 85dB, few headphones have presented valid arguments against this norm.
For example, LilGadgets Untangled Pro has extended this limit by 8 dB at a 93 dB output limit, owing to the need for louder sound to overcome the external noises. This argument is supported by their valid explanation ensuring that the 85dB limit is secure for continuous use for at most 8 hours. With 93 dB output, the kids can use the headphones for a shorter duration.
Headphone Type: Closed On ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Volume Limiting: 85dB | Battery Life: 12 hours | Microphone: Available
Chances are most of you’ll end up purchasing JBL JR300BT. A kid’s headphone available in several color variants, starting from this stunning blue orange pair to other equally attractive combinations, one featuring teal as a primary color whereas the final one features pink.
This remarkable pair also features an adjustable headband ensuring a secure fit. The built-in volume-limiting tech is an extra measure in case the volume peaks even after you have set a limit on your kid’s audio device. For the technologically inclined parents, the headphone also features a perfect balance of precise highs and rich bass. Remarkable
- A unique kids headphones that also offers a well-balanced music profile.
- An accurate 85dB volume limiting that prevents hearing loss.
- Comfortably built with plush ear cups for kids aged 3 to 10.
- Also comes with two pages of stickers with which kids can personalize their headphones.
- JBL JR 300BT Kids On-Ear Wireless Headphones Safe Sound Technology (Blue/Orange)
Headphone Type: Closed Back Over Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Volume Limiting: 93dB | Battery Life: 12 hours
A technologically sound piece of equipment also comes in several colors and patterns to satisfy every kid. The colors range includes Black, blue, green, purple, and white, and the patterns include digital camo, far out doodles, rainbow cat, and snow camo. Add to that mix a stylish design with perforated faux leather detailing and cushy earpads.
And although primarily it is a wireless headphone, it also comes with a cable, which, once connected, can be louder than the limited volume at 93 dB. For experiencing the volume limiting, your child can only use the headphone in Bluetooth mode. Also, as we have seen before, the volume limit is higher than 85 dB. You can adjust it from the setting menu on the audio device the headphone is connected to.
- Volume limiting at 93 dB ensures the sound isn’t lost while traveling.
- Testing has proved they perform better than other kids’ headphones.
- Attractive colors and patterns to suit your kid’s fancy.
- Comfortable fit that won’t bother kids even after long hours.
- High quality, Bluetooth wireless headphones with built-in microphone, sized for kids 4+ and compatible with nearly all Bluetooth devices. Offered in six wonderful colors and now with our one-of-a-kind SharePort feature allowing one headphone to be connected wirelessly and others to daisy-chain so all listeners are untethered from the device.
- Our ear pads and headbands are covered with our specially designed SoftTouch breathable mesh material for your child's comfort. And the ear pads are manufactured with children in mind -- we use some nifty engineering to make sure the ear pads won't fall off.
- Developed, designed, and tested with kids of all ages to ensure durability of the final product while maintaining style and comfort. Every headphone comes with our 100% LilGadgets Satisfaction Guarantee. We believe that you’ll love the way these look, sound, and feel.
Headphone Type: Closed On ear | Connection Type: Wired | Volume Limiting: 75dB Toddler Mode, 85dB Kid Mode, 94dB Travel Mode, and StudyMode | Battery Life: 24 hours
Before we get down to the nitty-gritty let’s talk about the patterns OnandOff headphones offer. It comes in four distinct patterns paired with colors, which are unicorn pink, robot blue, monkey green, and bee yellow. Honestly, this is one of the choicest kids’ headphones out there with its feature bonanza, starting with water resistance up to 10 feet.
Next up is the volume limiting modes, starting from a toddler mode at 75db to sensitive ears to a study mode with 94db for a better learning experience, with crips and clear sounds. The only issue seems to be with the volume control as a toddler might easily turn on the 85dB or more volume. So far, it has the best battery life of the lot. And the additional two-year warranty doesn’t hurt its cause.
- Feature-packed kids headphones that have a buddy cable system.
- Additionally features a pinch-free hinge and hypo-allergenic earpads.
- Excellent battery life may last even longer if used at lower volumes.
- Water and dust resistance, according to the IP67 standard.
- Comes equipped with a Two years warranty for times when things don’t work out.
- AWARD-WINNING SAFE AUDIO FOR KIDS: BuddyPhones are kids headphones with the most awards for innovative design and features. All BuddyPhones have built-in volume-limiting circuitry that protects kids' hearing. Capped at the WHO-recommended level of 85dB so they don't damage hearing. Engineered with certified safe materials that are hypoallergenic, super durable, and custom-made to be comfortable for kids to wear.
- KEY FEATURES: Take listening to the next level with the world's first super durable waterproof wireless kids headphones. Depending on the child's age or surroundings, choose from four-volume settings- 75dB Toddler Mode, 85dB Kid Mode, 94dB Travel Mode, and StudyMode. Innovative StudyMode enhances spoken audio content to help kids listen and learn. Connect wirelessly using Bluetooth for up to 18 hours on one charge. Works without battery with the backup BuddyCable. Space-saving foldable headband.
- FUN FOR KIDS: We make safe audio fun for kids. Bright colorful designs from a world-famous artist. Kids can listen together with friends using the BuddyCable system. Use the built-in mic for Skype calls with Grandma or fun language lessons.
Headphone Type: Closed Back Over Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Volume Limiting: 85dB | Battery Life: 13 hours
While there might not be many options present, Jlab Audio Jbuddies comes in two colors both in dual tones. The first one is an amazing combination of blue and gray, and the second one an attractive pairing of purple and gray. Padded with material that has a resemblance to memory foam, they offer comfort to kiddie ears.
Furthermore, they fold at the hinges turning into a travel-friendly compact kids’ headphone pair. At such an affordable price range, the headphone offers modest bass output with sharp and punchy mids. Their built-in volume regulators do the job of limiting to 85 dB effectively.
- Affordable kid’s headphones are designed for maximum comfort.
- Facilitates Effective volume-limiting at a child-friendly 85 dB.
- Generates modest bass output with precise and punchy mids.
- Above-average sound quality with zero distortion.
- MADE FOR KIDS: Standard headphones are designed for adults and are too big for kids. Our JBuddies over-ear headphones were specifically designed for children so that the headphones fit comfortably and don’t fall off. Over-ear design with comfy Eco Leather Cushions and padded headband offer all-day comfort for all ages, from grade school tykes to teens.
- VOLUME LIMITER: How loud are your kids listening to music or their favorite youtuber? When children are young their ears are more susceptible to damage caused by loud sounds. The JBuddies offer safe-volume control, with built-in volume regulators, to ensure kids never rock out past 85db. And each pair is still designed with JLab's crystal-clear clarity in mind.
- 13 HOUR BLUETOOTH PLAYTIME: Keep your music hassle-free by wirelessly linking your Bluetooth enabled device and streaming from up to 30 feet away. With up to 13 hours Bluetooth playtime of mind-blowing sound that’ll leave you with good vibes all day long.
Headphone Type: Closed On ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Volume Limiting: 85dB | Battery Life: 18 hours
Both the ear pad and headband of Puro SoundLab Bt2200 are covered with a rather comfortable protein leather. When we focus on the volume-limiting function, this puro sound lab model for kids is doubly efficient.
It not only limits volume to a maximum of 85 dB but also provides an 80% noise isolation for a better experience.Apart from noise isolation, the headphone is also equipped with active noise canceling feature, which gets rid of the unnecessary noise. Available in several colors, these headphones are meant for kids who prefer sensibility over gaudy design and patterns.
- Active Noise Cancellation has proven quite effective in reducing unwanted noise.
- Fantastic sound quality aided by the Active Noise Cancellation feature.
- Premium built quality is designed for comfort, meat for kids as well as adults.
- Compared to a few others, the headphone has a Long Battery life.
- And the effective 85 dB Volume limiting for kids works as promised.
- 85 dB volume governor to protect eardrums of young kids; integrated volume control from left ear cup.
- Choke-free and stumble-free wireless kids headphones with detachable cable to prevent possible injury by entanglement; durable yet non-toxic materials for child-proof play.
- Adjustable headband and cushioned ear cups, no sharp corners but comfort and safety for growing kids; snug and skid-proof design.
Headphone Type: Closed Back Over Ear | Connection Type: Wired | Volume Limitinge: 80dB to 90 dB | Battery Life: 12 hours
A flashy headphone design meant to attract the kids is made from plastic and is considered a wallet-friendly kids headphones currently available online. Although the headphone has a volume limiting feature, it isn’t’ inbuilt.
Volume limiting is done by an additional volume-limiting cable provided by the headphone vendor. You might have to pay close attention to your kids when they are using these headphones, ensuring that they don’t remove the volume cable, which would render the volume limiting useless.
- The flamboyant attractive design is a credit to the brand’s creativity.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty that should be verified before purchasing.
- The features are quite enough at such an affordable price range.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - Lifetime Limited Warranty
- WORKS WITH iPad, iPod and iPhone and many many other audio devices
- Custom designed fit for children 2 yrs. and older - Light weight and comfortable
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Volume Limiting: 85dB | Battery Life: 10 hours
Available in several different colors, including one featuring a combination of purple and green and another one with blue and green, it has been designed to cater to kids who love cat ears.
The led lights on these earphones turn them from beautiful accessories into shining wonders. Other than the kid-friendly look, the device also has a volume limiting feature set to 85dB.
- Large Aperture Diaphragms for Astounding Sound Quality
- A lightweight and portable design, built for maximum comfort
- A highly durable coiled wire that facilitates optimal use.
- A well-engineered Noise Isolation Feature for superior music experience.
- Riwbox CT-7 is a kids wireless bluetooth headphones with a lighting theme. We wish to bring joy into every family, to add a touch of fun in our daily life. This kids headphone combines elements of music, lights, color together, the cat-ear with Red/Blue/Green LED embedded can blink and changes color with the rhythm. With the glowing Riwbox Cat cartoon at the side can let you take a step away from your usual self and let every other knows how great you are feeling.
- Bluetooth 5.0 : Powerful 40mm speaker with the bluetooth 5.0 technology, providing you the needs for quality natural sound and strong bass while keeping convenient. Once you done the matching, you can save the hassle for matching again. Just power on the headphone and it will connect to your device. Connection status will be shown on screen of smart-phone, and voice reminder available for battery level.
- ON/OFF LED Light : Press and hold the M button for 3 seconds to turn the LED on or off.When you are using the kids headphone in bluetooth mode, you can choose to turn off the LED blinking effect so as to reserve more battery for longer music playing.
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Connection Type: Wired | Volume Limiting: 90 dB
These adorable pairs of headphones are more like a traditional sweat headband for kids. You can separate the headphones from the headbands, washing them as need be. The headphone is available in numerous colors and features animals such as panda, frog, fox, mythical unicorn, and cats with bows that remind kids of hello kitty.
These are meant for younger kids. The comfortable headband design ensures a painless experience. The 90dB volume limiting exceeds the norms, but like the LilGadgets headphone, you can keep using them for shorter time intervals.
- Super-soft fleece is meant to offer the utmost comfort and luxury to your child.
- A lightweight comfortable design that can be washed whenever necessary.
- The sound quality is as expected at the price range.
- Both the headband as well as braided cable are surprisingly durable.
- SUPER COMFORTABLE KIDS HEADPHONES - with thin 1/8" volume limiting speakers and durable extra-long tangle free braided cable. These earphones are a great alternative for girls & boys of any age who hate earbuds or struggle with bulky over the ear headphones.
- VOLUME LIMITED FOR HEARING PROTECTION - The headband is soft and washable, and the thin speakers are limited to 90 dB to protect little ears. No earbuds sticking in the ear, or bulky headphones that do not really fit. Can also be pulled down over the eyes as a sleep mask for a worry-free nap. These headphones are also great for sensory issues and special needs!
- BEST EARPHONE FOR KIDS TRAVEL & SCHOOL - Comfortable, foldable, and easy to carry. CozyPhones pack easily in a backpack or suitcase. Our stretchy headband stays in place and will not interfere with car seat headrest or airplane seats, allowing your child to sleep comfortably while traveling. The perfect gift for boys and girls.
Headphone Type: Closed On ear | Connection Type: Wired | Volume Limiting : 85dB
The volume-limited technology implemented by Kidjamz is pretty decent and effectively keeps the pressure below 86 dB, ensuring safe sound tech for kids. It also has a concealed volume limiter switch that the parents can disable while traveling or in other noisy environments. The headphone is equipped with tangle-resistant cable.
Also, the headband is made from a flexible material that offers durability and prevention from any breakage. Suitable for kids aged 4 to 12, this isn’t just a flashy chunky design. It also offers tremendous sound quality with a modest bass performance at such an affordable price.
- Like few others on this list, Mee Audio KidJamz 3 falls into an affordable price range.
- Amazing sound quality combined with great bass performance.
- Designed to provide kids an unbreakable, more flexible, and comfortable headphone.
- SAFE LISTENING KIDS’ HEADPHONES for ages 4-12 protect children’s hearing with built-in 85dB SPL volume limiter and feature clear, high quality stereo sound tuned to prevent fatigue
- VOLUME-LIMITING TECHNOLOGY with physician-recommended 85dB maximum sound pressure level features concealed switch that lets parents temporarily disable limiter in noisy environments
- BUILT-IN HEADSET with integrated remote button and microphone for distance learning, gaming, and phone calls
Headphone Type: Closed Over Ear | Connection Type: WireLess | Volume Limiting: 85dB | Battery Life : 22 hours
Puro is a champion at designing kids’ headphones. After the BT2200, we now have Puro’s Junior Jams, a comfortable piece of equipment. Puro’s sound quality is above reproach with a terrific volume-limiting function. Unlike BT 2200, these do not have an aluminum frame and are made entirely from premium plastic material that has proven to be durable.
It also has a daisy chaining feature that allows you to connect another junior jams headphone via a device. Additionally, this is the second headphone on this list with great battery life at 22 hours.
- It is quite well known for its superior sound performance.
- With the Daisy-chaining, two kids can listen to the same audio content.
- The comfortable Foldable design ensures ease of access and makes it highly portable.
- HEAR TO PROTECT – Ordinary headphones let kids jam out at any volume, including dangerous ones. Over time, those rocking volumes damage their eardrums and can even lead to noise-induced hearing loss. Protect your kid’s hearing with JuniorJams, the headphones that limit harmful volumes over 85 dB!
- SOUNDS OUTSTANDING – Limiting the volume doesn’t mean suffering through poor sound quality. Puro Sound Labs kid headphones emit crystal-clear sounds thanks to their advanced sound-optimizing Puro Balanced Response Curve that isolates 87% of ambient noise!
- FEWER WIRES, MORE FREEDOM – Tired of tangled wires? Puro headphones for kids feature wireless Bluetooth v4.0 technology with a 30-ft. range! But don’t worry about frequent recharging because the lithium-ion battery has a working life of 22 hours.
Last update on 2021-01-25 at 15:00