Those who have used closed-back headphones with an over-the-ear design enjoy that lost-in-the-music effect you get with these headphones. For them, the idea of the sound leaking out of their headphones may come across as quite awful. What is the difference between closed-back headphones and open-back headphones, you ask? To put it simply, closed-back headphones feature a solid outer shell. They have a solid edge to edge construction with no openings. Open-back headphones, on the other hand, feature perforations or horizontal cutouts on the outer shell of the ear covering.
Another striking difference between closed-back headphones and open-back headphones is how they sound. In the case of closed-back headphones, the very physical structure cups the ears in an insulated shell. This virtue alone provides nearly 10dB of noise reduction. The presence of music, together with noise isolation, effectively dampens the environmental sounds and brings the musical sounds to the forefront.
When you use open-backed headphones, owing to the perforated design, they give you a feeling of increased space. It doesn’t make you feel like you are in the confines of a studio booth. Instead, it sounds as if the musicians are sitting around you, playing their music in your environment. The openness of sound and the sense that the music is playing around you as opposed to in your head, makes serious listeners opt for open-back headphones. It maximizes their listening experience.
Table of Contents
Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone
Color: Black | Weight: 630g
Imagine a pair of headphones that can teleport you to a concert hall with musicians and singers performing live. With Audeze LCD-X open-back headphones, you can experience the music being performed around you. LCD-X offers luxuriously spacious and realistic sound with powerful bass, a smooth and engaging midrange. It comes as no surprise that Audeze LCD-X is the preferred choice of recording engineers, musicians, and audiophiles.
With an impedance of 20 ohms and efficiency of 103dB/1Mw, these open-back headphones are perfect for those who wish to elevate their music listening experience. Owing to the nimble, dynamic, transparent, and neutral sound signature of Audeze LCD-X, users can experience the finest details of music with exceptional accuracy. The enormous sound stage, combined with crystal clear midrange, gives you true to life listening experience.
Audeze LCD-X open-back headphones feature large ultra-thin diaphragms (106 mm) that are four times larger compared to typical headphones. They help create faster frequency response time and provide a higher sound resolution. Double-sided magnet arrays in these headphones deliver a uniform and consistent driving force across the whole diaphragm for almost zero distortion. Audeze’s patented Fazor Elements play a vital role in guiding the internal sound waves in the headphones. It helps avoid resonances and creates an accurate waveform.
LCD-X open-back headphones from Audeze feature an over the ear design. It has memory foam earpads made with luxurious leather. The ergonomic design of the headphones makes it comfortable for prolonged use. You’ll be proud to flaunt the sophisticated and stylish look of this headphone while you enjoy its wonderful sounds. You can connect the LCD-X open-back headphones with portable players such as iPod, iPhone, and other smartphones.
Audeze LCD-X open-back headphones are engineered to provide long term comfort. These headphones are meticulously handcrafted. They are then carefully tested and calibrated prior to leaving the facility in Southern California. These quality checks ensure that your LCD-X open-back headphones deliver a flawless performance right from the first listening experience onwards.
- Offers realistic and spacious sound.
- Unparalleled powerful bass.
- Planar magnetic drivers for almost zero distortion.
- Experience exceptional sound resolution.
- Ergonomic design.
- Compatible with iPod, iPhone, and other smartphones.
- Travel carry case not included.
- TRUE TO LIFE SOUND: Thanks to its incredible dynamic, nimble, neutral and transparent sound signature, the LCD-X is able to reveal even the most minute details of your mix with unparalleled accuracy. With its enormous sound stage and crystal clear midrange, you have a listening experience that really is “true to life”.
- THE PROFESSIONAL: Many of the current hit recordings you’ve heard have been mixed on Audeze headphones - the headphone of choice for recording engineers, musicians and audiophiles alike. With an efficiency of 103dB/1Mw and an impedance of 20 ohms they are the perfect option for anyone seeking a reference quality headphone.
- PLANAR MAGNETIC DRIVERS: Large ultra-thin 106 mm diaphragms with Audeze’s proprietary Fazor elements and double-sided magnetic arrays. Frequency response from 5Hz – 20kHz extended out to 50kHz.
Sennheiser HD 650 Open Back Professional Headphone
Color: Gray | Weight: 259g
It is specially crafted with acoustic silk, which helps lower the total harmonic distortion to 0.05%. Neodymium ferrous magnets provide excellent dynamic response and ensure optimum sensitivity. Fully optimized magnet systems provide minimal intermodulation and harmonic distortion. They are made with premium components. The HD 650 Professional feature engineered transducers that use aluminum voice coils to deliver high efficiency and low distortion. The HD 650 Professional headphones deliver an exceptionally open spatial presentation for a great listening experience.
You can enjoy seamless connectivity with 118 inches (2.9 meters) long connectivity. The specially modulated cable is made with highly conductive OFC copper and is Kevlar reinforced. Kevlar reinforcement helps lower the structure-borne sound sensitivity. The cable jack is compatible with stationary and portable hi-fi components such as DVD-A and CD players. The cable is detachable from the headphones, facilitating easy storage when not in use.
- Acoustic silk lowers harmonic distortion.
- Neodymium magnets for a fantastic dynamic response.
- Lightweight aluminum voice coils deliver high efficiency.
- Comfortable padded headband.
- 2.9 meters long cable.
- The treble is weak, causing you to strain your ears to listen to certain sounds.
- Specially designed acoustic silk ensures precision damping over the entire frequency range and helps to reduce THD to an incredible 0.05 percent
- Improved frequency response is 10 39,500 Hertz ( 10 dB)
- Hand selected matched driver elements; Highly optimized magnet systems for minimum harmonic and inter modulation distortion
Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open-Air Headphone
Color: Black | Weight: 413g
Philips Fidelio X2HR features a 3D mesh self-adjustable hammock. The hammock is breathable and ensures a great fit. Premium quality memory foam ear cushions provide breathability and help dissipate heat and pressure for long-wear comfort. Pre-tilted speaker plates are tilted to at 15 degrees to fit the ear’s natural geometry and minimize the sound reflection.
Each Philips Fidelio X2HR headphone is carefully tested, for the most natural sound without missing the minutest detail. These open-back headphones use large 50 mm drivers. These drivers are powered by neodymium magnets, which reproduce your music’s dynamics brilliantly. The acoustic open-back design of Fidelio X2HR helps eliminate built-up air pressure behind the drivers. This gives the diaphragm excellent free movement. Free movement of the diaphragm smoothens extended high frequencies and enhances sound transparency.
- The design helps eliminate built-up air pressure giving the diaphragm free movement to smoothen extended high frequencies.
- Pronounces even the finest details.
- Makes all audio formats sound great.
- Pre-tilted speaker plates for minimal sound reflection
- Self-adjusting hammock for grip and traction.
- Includes accessories.
- Memory foam ear cushions aren’t breathable and make ears sweaty.
- Hi-res Audio Certified with extended response frequencies
- Engineered double layered ear-shells with pre-tilted speaker plates
- 50 mm high definition neodymium drivers with LMC diaphragm
Last update on 2021-04-17 at 16:17