When you hear the words waterproof Bluetooth headphones, what is the first thing that pops up in your mind? Probably that you could wear them while swimming. But that’s not usually the case with every Bluetooth waterproof headphones. There are very few headphones that can survive being submerged underwater for so long. Our curated list contains waterproof Bluetooth headphones that are safe from rains, workout sweat, accidental splashes, or accidental spills into the puddle. And even that largely depends on the IPX rating of the headphones.
Table of Contents
- How to find the perfect bluetooth waterproof headphones for you?
- Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
- #1. Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds
- #2. Sony WI-SP600N
- #3. Plantronics BackBeat Fit 500
- #4. Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones
- #5. V-MODA BassFit
- #6. AfterShokz Aeropex
- #7. JBL Reflect Flow
- #8. Jaybird Vista
You can refer to the following chart to understand how the IP rating works. You’ll notice that some of the headphones have ratings with two digits, the first digit gives the rating for dust protection, and the second digit is for liquid, particularly, water protection. Since we are here to find the right pair of waterproof Bluetooth headphones, we have provided a quick IP rating table for your understanding.
|IP (Ingress Protection) Rating||Meaning|
|IPX1||Headphones will survive in case water drips on them vertically.|
|IPX2||Headphones will remain safe from direct water sprays at a 15° angle
|IPX3||Headphones will remain safe from direct water sprays at 60° angle vertically.|
|IPX4||Headphones can survive water splashes from all directions. Even if a tiny bit gets into the headphone, they won’t be damaged.|
|IPX5||Headphones can survive low-pressure water sprays. Even if a tiny bit gets
into the headphone, they won’t be damaged.
|IPX6||Headphones can survive high-pressure water sprays. Even if a tiny bit gets
into the headphone, they won’t be damaged.
|IPX7||Headphones can survive being submerged deeper than one meter for 30
|IPX8||Headphones can survive being submerged deeper than one meter. (The headphone specification will provide the depth)|
|IPX9||Headphones will remain safe against high pressure and high-temperature
Battery Life Vs Battery Life In Case:
Bluetooth headphones have quite a few advantages, but they still have a long way to go as far as battery life is concerned. On average Bluetooth headphones have a battery life of 5-6 hours. Often Bluetooth headphones come with specifications such as battery life up to 15 hours, more than often the long battery life, is life with battery-case. Meaning, once the 5-6 hours battery drains, the battery case can replenish the power for 10 hours. So, if you have a low budget, you can always choose the headphones that have better battery life in the case.
It is one of the important things that you have to look out for. While many headphones promise uninterrupted wireless connection, they can’t always deliver on that promise. Some of the cheaper ones might break the wireless connection during movements, which would render them useless if you were considering the purchase for sports use. Bluetooth Version 5.0 comes with upgraded software, better wireless range, and advanced codecs that offer a seamless connection.
Headphone Type: On ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: IP55 (Protected against high pressure water jets) | Bluetooth Version: 5.0 | Battery Life: 5 hours (Fast charging: 1.5 hours charge in 15 minutes)
The Jabra Elite range has continued shelling out newer versions, with Jabra Elite 85T being the last in the line. Were it a question of sound quality or noise-canceling, we would suggest you pick Elite 85T, but it is not. We are here for the water-resistance. Although Jabra Elite 65t shines in all manners, it has better water resistance than its successors.The IP55 rating ensures that Elite 65T headphones are protected against water jets projected by 6.3mm nozzles, regardless of their direction. The IP Rating also grants some protection against dust accumulation.
With the Bluetooth multi-connect feature, the headphone can be connected to two devices at the same time. At the price range, it also offers a pretty decent wireless range up to 10 meters. Let’s not forget the excellent microphone that is equipped with wind-noise reducing technology. The complimentary Jabra app allows you to manage EQ settings, which might make a difference. It also offers plus 10 hours with the charging case.
- Great Microphone Quality
- Spectacular Battery Life
- Decent Water Resistant IP55
- Quick and easy connection to phone
- Multi Connect feature
- True wireless earbuds for an active lifestyle – Wherever your day takes you, whatever your activity, it won’t get in the way of enjoying sports, music and calls. The Elite Active 65t are secure fitting earbuds that provide dependable in-ear stability.
- Personalize your sound – Whether you’re using these as Apple earbuds, Samsung earbuds or more, you can listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound on the Jabra Sound+ app. Earbuds are Apple and Android compatible.
- No audio dropouts – With Jabra’s 3rd generation true wireless stability, you can take calls and listen to music without worry about audio dropouts. And there are no pesky wires getting in the way of your workout
#2. Sony WI-SP600N
Headphone Type: Behind the Neck In Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: IPX5 (Protected against low pressure water jets) | Battery Life: 6 hours | Bluetooth Version: 4.1
First and foremost, it has an IPX4 rating, which tells the level of water resistance. It is safe from water splashes from any direction. The NFC pairing ensures there is no fuss about connecting the headphone with the desired device. In terms of the sound profile, it has a pretty decent bass and highs. Its noise-canceling feature isn’t as powerful as dedicated noise-canceling headphones, but it will do for a water-resistant headphone.
And you could make the long-battery life last even longer if you turn off the noise-canceling when it isn’t required. The headphones last 6 hours on a complete charge, which takes around 1.5-2 hours. We recommend these for someone who’s looking for a branded Bluetooth waterproof headphones at a limited budget. The wireless range ensures a strong connection up to 10 meters.
- Effective Noise Cancellation Feature
- Complementary app for EQ Setting
- Equipped with an Ambient Mode
- Great Sound Quality
- Comfortable build assuring little to no leakage.
- Secure or easy fit with two-way wearing style.Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Connect your device wirelessly with Bluetooth and NFC
- Splash-proof design that’s ready for rain or sweat With Carrying Pouch, Cable Adjustor and Clip
Headphone Type: On Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: P2i nano-coating | Battery Life: 18 hours | Bluetooth Version: 4.1
Not to be confused with Plantronics BackBeat 500, its predecessor, which does not have any form of water protection. However, the 500 and 500 fits do share an understated look. Although Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500 has no IP rating assigned to it, it does come with P2i nano-coating. The coating is a liquid-repellent nano-coating that causes liquids such as water or sweat to bead up rather than being absorbed by the headphones.
So, you don’t have to leave your headphones behind during the rains or in high-humidity regions. And while they may not be much to look at, they make up for it with high-performance. BlackBeat offers users a truly seamless connection that is easy to set up. Concerning the sound quality, they do great with highs and treble.
- Simple and Understated Design
- High-Performance and easy-to-use headphones
- Long Battery Life For uninterrupted experience(18 Hours)
- Durable Water and sweat resistant coating
- Seamless Audio experience up to 10 meters
Headphone Type: Behind The neck In Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: IPX4 | Battery Life: 5 hours
In terms of design, we have durable, sleek-looking headphones, which, at the moment, is all rage. The buttons on earbuds take some getting used to. Once you are familiar with them, they are quite effective. We have water-resistant headphones that are safe from accidental water splashes coming from any direction. The IPX4 rating also offers a certain level of protection from sweat and rain. Regardless of the music genre, it has a great sound profile, with powerful bass. On the comfort level, you’ll not be happy wearing them without a break, but they are good for 2 hours at least.
And while it has no active noise cancellation feature, it does have decent passive noise isolation. After Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500, Bose Soundsport pulse and any other headphone might pale where the battery is concerned. But at the price range, the 5 hours playback is decent battery life. Let’s not forget the heart rate sensors offered by Bose SoundSport pulse. When used with the Bose app, wearers can check a lot of metrics, such as heart rate and battery level.
- Truly effective water and sweat resistant
- Great Sound Quality
- Accurate Heart Rate Monitor
- Masterfully built for snug fit
- Quick and easy NFC pairing
- Built in heart rate sensor makes it easy to track your performance. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly
- StayHear and Pulse tips provide a secure and stable fit for your most intense workouts ; Sound sport pulse wireless headphones do not employ noise reduction technology; To ensure an accurate reading, the sensor window (located on the left earbud) should be in contact with the skin; If the sensor stops providing a heart rate measurement, try adjusting the left earbud and verifying bluetooth connection to your device; If that doesn't restore function, wipe the sensor window with a damp cloth
#5. V-MODA BassFit
Headphone Type: Behind the Neck In Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: 2 layers sweat and weather resistant nano coating | Battery Life: 11 hours (2.5 hours battery life in 15 mins quick charge) | Bluetooth Version: 4.1
Bassfit is considered V-Moda’s first foray into the sporty Bluetooth waterproof headphones. Similar to Plantronics BackBeat FIT 500, BassFit uses P2i nano-coating. But unlike it, Bassfit has implemented two layers of nano-coating, which offer true protection against water and sweat. The resistance has held true under severe testing. Depending on your ear shape, the fit of the earphone varies from comfortable to a bit painful for long-time wear. But unlike a few others, they offer a snug fit and will not fall off if you choose to wear them while running.
The overall sound-profile is exceptionally well, with powerful bass, emphasized lows, and well-balanced mids. While they are not specifically noise-canceling headphones, certain factors such as the ear fins ensure good noise isolation. V-Moda Bassfit ranks second on our list for battery performance, with a battery life of 11 hours. Even when the battery is drained, the quick charge feature ensures that you don’t have to wait around a lot of time to get going.
- Double layer nano-coating ensures high water and sweat resistant
- Decent Noise Isolation with ear fins
- Superb Sound Quality
- Extraordinary battery Life (11 hours)
- Effective Quick Charge Feature
- 10mm dynamic drivers featuring extra bass - specially tuned full spectrum acoustics with Deep bass balanced with supreme clarity for maxing out your workouts
- Trait ergonomics + XS/S/M/L fittings - find your fit using memory metal ear hooks or ear fins or both for max support and stability during Sport; bliss 3. 0 fittings ensure comfort and noise-isolation
- Magnetic closure + adjustable cable stopper - secure the earbuds around the neck when not in use for easy access; tailor the length of the cable to sit comfortably around the back of the neck
Headphone Type: Behind the Neck On Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: IP67 (Protected against water depth 1 meter) With addition of Moisture detection | Battery Life: 8 hours (complete charge in 2 hours) | Bluetooth Version: 5.0
Afterhsokz aeropex has a lot to offer, from the high water-resistance to its extraordinary bone conduction tech. The high-water resistance with IP67 rating includes resistance even when the headphones are submerged under one-meter depth for 30 minutes maximum. So, it’s not just fending off the accidental splashes and a little water but ensuring that the equipment remains active in case of accidental submersion. For example: dropping it in puddles. We wouldn’t recommend swimming.
Unlike noise-canceling headphones that take you away from the noise, bone conduction tech helps you remain aware of your surroundings. The headphones do not block your ears but send vibrations through your cheekbones, reaching your ears as the sound. Aftershokz Aeropex offers premium pitch 2.0, which ensures the proper placement of transducers for better results. We have found that it delivers better bass, less leakage, and vibrations.
- Equipped with Bone conduction Technology
- Improved sound quality
- Improved lightweight and sleek design
- Longer Battery life
- At IP67 rating, they have proven to be highly water-resistant
- EXCLUSIVE SPORT PACK - Includes Aeropex bone conduction headphones and sport belt. Unlike traditional headphones that send sound through the ear canals, our patented bone conduction technology delivers audio through the cheekbones. With nothing inside or over your ears, enjoy total awareness and comfort while you listen.
- BEST SOUND YET - Re-engineered for optimal sound delivery, Aeropex have broken the mold of bone conduction technology. Enjoy louder volume, 50% less sound leakage and wide dynamic stereo sound with PremiumPitch 2. 0+.
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - Enjoy 8 continuous hours of audio while you tackle your goals. Magnetic charging cables charge the headphones in 2 hours. 10 day standby time.
#7. JBL Reflect Flow
Headphone Type: In Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: IPX7 (Protected against water depth 1 meter for 30 minutes | Battery Life: 10 hours (2 hours for complete charge) | Bluetooth Version: 5.0
One of the oldest ways to identify the best headphones or equipment has been through the power of Brand. And JBL has gained quite a reputation for developing truly wireless headphones. JBL Reflect FLow adds more to the plate with its sound profile, including an intense bass depth. Speaking about the battery life, Reflect flow offers 10 hours. But with the battery case, you can have 20 more hours of battery life.
In addition to all these features, it also has an IPX7 rating, which alludes to its resistance to water. When submerged under the one-meter depth of water, these pairs of headphones can survive for 30 minutes. While that constitutes high-water resistance, we’ll not recommend anyone to swim wearing these.
- Featured packed headphones at affordable price
- Secure and snug fit
- High level water-resistance (IPX7)
- Well-defined Sound Quality with bass depth
- 10 Hour Long Battery Life
- TRUE WIRELESS EARBUDS: Discover the freedom of true wireless earbuds for a life on the go. Workout, listen to music, and manage your calls using these wireless waterproof sport headphones with microphone.
- HANDS-FREE CALLS AND ACCESS TO VOICE ASSISTANTS: Sport Bluetooth headphones with microphone lets you manage music and calls with ease or get info from your voice assistant at the touch of a button.
- AMBIENT AWARE AND TALKTHRU: True wireless earbuds equipped with Ambient Aware for additional awareness in outdoor environments and TalkThru for easy conversation without taking out the wireless earbuds.
#8. Jaybird Vista
Headphone Type: In Ear | Connection Type: Wireless | Water resistance: IPX7 (Protected against water depth 1 meter for 30 minutes) | Battery Life: 6 hours (1 hour quick charge in 5 minutes) | Bluetooth Version: 5.0
The first thing to note about Jaybird Vista is the IP rating, IPX7, which is of the highest order. Jaybird Vista was built in a way that they remain safe from water even when submerged under one-meter depth for 30 minutes. The same feature keeps it safe from sweat as well as dust accumulation. On the design front, there are no better pairs of waterproof headphones. The sleek look combined with the neat logo brings it all to head. Moreover, these headphones aren’t just a piece of accessory.
They have been precision-crafted to stay hooked even during workouts. The ear tips and wings ensure that they do not fall out. Like Jabra Elite Active 65t and Sony WI-SP600N, Jaybird Vista has an okay battery life (6 hours). But it does have a quick charge feature. Furthermore, you can also rely on the battery case, which offers an additional 10 hours charge. If you were set on long-battery life, you could try other alternatives on the list.
- IPX7 rating for Water resistance
- Easy to use and quick to connect
- Steady seamless wireless connection
- Offers a secure and snug fit
- Quick Charging Feature
- EARTHPROOF Fully waterproof crushproof dropproof and sweatproof IPX7 construction ensures Vista can withstand any workout running or weather conditions (Meets MIL-SPEC STD810G standards)
- ALWAYS READY Vista gives you 6 hours of audio on a full charge plus 10 more in the compact charging case for 16 hours of total charge and 32 hours If using one bud alone A 5-minute quick charge offering an hour of playtime
- CONNECTED Vista’s cutting-edge JBS1 true wireless bluetooth technology ensures high quality zero-lag stereo sound for music and calls and a reliable connection that pairs easily with your phone every time
Last update on 2021-04-17 at 18:25