Although wired headsets aren’t anything to scoff at, they tend to be more distractions as well as an inconvenience during a gaming session. And even more so if you have a dedicated gaming setup. And with the advancement in wireless technology, it is now possible to experience the same seamless wired connection with a decent pair of wireless gaming headset.
Moreover, wireless gaming headphones offer room for movement, which also affects the gameplay positively. Today, countless brands both new and old, are offering gamers the opportunity to own some of the Best Wireless Gaming Headsets. But how is one to identify which one is ideal for them? In order to cut your list short and help you find the phone, we have brought you the list of 8 Best Wireless Gaming Headsets, with varying features and established brands.
Before you head over to the list, we would like to provide some more insights into how you can choose the right wireless gaming headphone pair for you.
Table of Contents
A factor that is usually based on the type of wireless connection as well as the quality of hardware used. While we will discuss the types of wireless connections in more detail later, let’s get the issue of low-latency out of the way. With a headphone featuring a Radio Frequency (RF) connection, there are no worries about latency. But, the same cannot be said for Bluetooth connections. Although there are numerous advantages of Bluetooth connections, they are prone to latency issues, with the video being out of sync with the audio and like.
Check to see if the pair of headphones are compatible with your gaming console or computer system. We have mentioned the devices that are compatible with each of the Best Wireless Gaming Headsets on our list to make it easier for you to shortlist the one that will work for you.
As a gamer, you yourself can decide the need for surround sound features. The majority of modern games have been designed with terrific audio, which might be overlooked with a normal pair of headphones. But as you’ll see, a number of headphones on our list are equipped with the latest surround sound tech, which allows users to enjoy their games to their full extent. Surround sound also helps them identify sounds that would have otherwise been lost during the gameplay. For example, it will make detecting other players’ locations easier.
Similar to Surround sound, Battery life is more of a gamer’s preference. We have listed headphones with varying battery life, from 12 hours to 24 hours. Although some of them drain too quickly for our liking, they are better than the other alternatives in the market. But there is an added incentive in some cases, the quick charge feature.
Microphone quality refers to so much more than just the sound performance. It includes ease of access, the right placement, microphone type, noise canceling/isolating tech, and whether it is retractable or detachable. Most of the product guides will usually inform you about these things, but if not, you can always refer to our list for the 8 featured best wireless gaming headsets.
One of the basic things that you need to remember about wireless tech is that it doesn’t necessarily mean Bluetooth connection. It could also be Radio Frequency (RF) or Infrared tech (IF). Some of the earphones you see on this list feature the Radio Frequency adapter, which connects the headphone to the compatible device, while others include Bluetooth.
Here are few things that you need to know about these technologies:
- Radio Frequency Headphones usually provide a wireless range up to 91 meters (300 feet). Bluetooth headphone range can be around 50-200 meters (160-650 feet), depending on the Bluetooth version. Infrared headphones offer the lowest range of 10 meters (32 feet).>/li>
- Many prefer the freedom of RF connections that isn’t limited by the walls or ceilings, provided that you stay within the recommended wireless range. In a similar scenario, both Infrared headphones or Bluetooth headphones might lose connection.
- The only drawback of RF headphones seems to be the interference from any nearby device producing electromagnetic waves. With Bluetooth, the possibility of interference is significantly low. And in the case of IF headphones, there is zero interference.
#1. Corsair HS70 Pro
Headphone Type: On ear | Drivers : 50mm neodymium | Surround Sound: 7.1 | Connection Type: Wireless | Connection Speed: (Low-latency 2.4 GHz) | Mic: Detachable noise-cancelling for reducing ambient noise | Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20 kHz | Compatible With: PC, PS4, and PS5 | Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
Corsair’s latest wireless gaming headphone, Corsair HS70 Pro has gained fame for its powerful soundstage and bass. Its low-key sleek design might appeal to a lot of gamers who don’t prefer over-the-top accessories. These headphones are made from highly durable materials, with ear cups and headbands featuring plush foam covered with soft leatherette material. With Corsair’s Utility Engine, the wearer can modify and adjust things such as EQ.
Additionally, it also fulfills the promise of 16 hours of battery life. In regards to the sound performance, the 50mm drivers ensure an exceedingly good sound quality with a well-balanced frequency curve. Addicting to that, it also offers loud bass, which is definitely a plus for gamers all around. It connects to the compatible devices through a USB transmitter.
- Equipped with effective Surround Sound 7.1
- Powerful bass performance, perfect for gaming
- Excellent Soundstage
- Decent Battery life
- Sleek understated design made for comfort
- Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay.
- High-quality, custom-tuned 50mm neodymium Audio drivers deliver superb sound quality with the range to hear everything you need to on the battlefield.
- An omnidirectional microphone picks up your voice with exceptional clarity, with a flip-up mute function and a built-in LED mute indicator. Headphone Frequency Response:20Hz - 20 kHz,Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1 kHz
Headphone Type: Over ear | Surround Sound : 7.1 | Connection Type: Wireless | Connection Speed: (Low-latency) | Mic: Noise-cancelling for dampening background sounds | Frequency Response: 10–23,000 Hz | Battery Life: 20 hours (2 hours charge in 7 minute) | Compatible Devices: PC, PS4, or phone
The Sennheiser GSP line has always proven to be an effective headphone line. It is known to be a gamer’s choice for a high-end gaming experience. One of the latest models, the Sennheiser GSP 670, has inherited all the best things from its predecessors. The wireless adapter facilitates a 2.4GHz connection, which ensures a seamless listening experience.
Although it is much pricier than the alternatives, Sennheiser GSP 670 is worth it. It delivers a very powerful sound performance. Although it seems a bit bulkier than most, it is quite comfortable to wear for long gaming sessions. The strategic position of the mic transforms well into reality. It doesn’t get in the way and is easy to use.
- Maximum Comfort Rendered
- Superior Sound Quality
- 20 hours of Decent Battery life
- Quick Charge Feature
- High-quality noise canceling microphone
- LOW-LATENCY – The GSP 670 wireless gaming headphones deliver lossless Bluetooth connection and state-of-the-art low latency technology to create a virtually seamless sound experience
- CUSTOM AUDIO PRESETS Customize 7.1 Surround Sound in the EPOS Gaming Suite for Windows 10. Digital sound processing with noise cancellation delivers enhanced audio with exceptional bass performance, crystal-clear communication, and precise positional audio cues for an immersive game experience.
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC – A broadcast-quality, noise-cancelling microphone cuts out breathing and background noise with an additional flip-to-mute feature
Headphone Type: Closed Back Over Ear | Drivers : 50mm Dual Diaphragm Driver | Connection Type: Wired | Noise Cancelling: Noise Isolation | Impedance: 32 Ohms | Mic: Available | Frequency Response: 5 – 30,000Hz
SteelSeries Arctis 7 comes equipped with a retractable easy to use microphone. With little help from the steel series Engine app, users can get the best out of their gaming headphones. It helps them manage the surround sound as well as EQ settings.
Quite like the rest of the wireless gaming headphones on the list, SteelSeries Arctis 7 uses an RF dongle between the headset and connected device. The RF connection ensures a seamless experience without any lag. Although the makers promise a battery life of 24 hours, it isn’t that accurate. The battery life we experienced ranges from 16-17 hours.
- Lag-free seamless connection
- Long battery life
- Comfortable to wear for long-duration
- Great Sound Performance
- Equipped with a perfectly Decent Microphone
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4 grams connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra-low latency and zero interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
#4. Logitech G PRO X
Headphone Type: Over ear | Drivers: 50mm neodymium | Surround Sound: 7.1 | Connection Type: Wireless | Connection Speed: Low-latency(2.4 Ghz Lightspeed) | Noise Cancellation: Passive Noise Cancellation | Mic: Unidirectional (100Hz–10KHz) | Frequency Response: 20–20KHz | Battery Life: 20 hours | Compatible with: PC, PS4
Logitech G Pro X premium design sets it apart from the other lackluster headphone designs. They are a bit bulky, but the leatherette padding, metal accents, and steel-reinforced headband have transformed the headphone design. Additionally, it also offers a snug and pain-free fit for long gaming sessions.
Likewise, the 20+ hours battery life allows for an uninterrupted gaming experience. The high-quality boom mic can be removed when not needed. While the headphone can be connected to the compatible device through the USB dongle, it doesn’t allow for wired connections.
- Detachable High-quality Mic
- Long battery life uninterrupted gaming experience
- Designed for Ease of Access
- Superior Build Quality
- Premium Design
- Based on the award-winning PRO Gaming Headset design, the PRO X Wireless headset features high-quality materials, advanced communications, precision audio and total wireless freedom.
- High performance PRO X gaming headset with Lightspeed wireless technology, up to 20+ hours of battery life and up to 15 m of 2.4 GHz wireless range.
- Next generation DTS Headphone: X 2.0 7.1 surround sound channel with object-based surround sound for greater positional and distance awareness of objects in-game.
#5. ASTRO Gaming A50
Headphone Type: Over ear | Drivers : 40mm neodymium | Surround Sound: Stereo | Connection Type: Wireless | Connection Speed: Low-latency(2.4 Ghz Lightspeed) | Mic: Flip-to-Mute Voice Isolating Mic | Frequency Response: 20–20KHz | Battery Life: 15+ | Compatible With: PC, PS4, and Xbox One
The latest version of Astro Gaming A50 has added new features to the mix. It comes equipped with a boom microphone, which is attached to the left earcup. To automatically mute the headphones, you have to flip the microphone out of the way. The memory foam cushioned ear pads bring maximum comfort to the wearer. Moreover, these headphones are ideal for people who wear glasses.
This is one of the models that causes the least bit of strain over long use. The headphones deliver on the powerful battery performance, ensuring that the gamers experience uninterrupted play. Like the majority of gaming headphones, this one also puts more emphasis on the bass. The additional Dolby audio features are responsible for changes in frequency response when the feature is turned on.
- Exceptional Sound Quality
- Build for comfort
- Flip to the mute boom microphone
- Powerful Bass for gamers
- 15-16 hours long battery life
- Astro Audio V2 - immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in-game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio - Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Dolby Atmos (available for Xbox version only) - Dolby Atmos provides Object Audio, which provides a more accurate and immersive sound experience
Headphone Type: Over ear | Drivers : 40mm neodymium | Surround Sound: 7.1 Virtual Surround | Connection Type: Wireless | Mic: Dual Microphones with Noise Cancelling technology | Battery Life: 12 | Compatible With: PC, PS4, and PS5
Initially, when the Pulse 3D wireless headset was launched, it preceded the launch of PS5 by two weeks and was meant as an additional accessory. But as it turns out, it is also compatible with PC, and PS4. It offers low latency wireless connection ensuring complete syn of video and audio. While we do believe the 3D audio effect needs to be fine-tuned, it is certainly the best at this price range. One of the best things about this Pulse 3D headset is its space-age look, and it is one of the things that Sony has got right with these gaming headphones.
While we do like to believe that gamers focus more on the technical aspect, they do like their gadgets to look a certain way. And Pulse 3D fits that mold. The stereo sound adds another great feature to the mix of an already decent piece of equipment. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the 12-hour battery life. So, once that drains, you might have to look for the cable to connect for a while.
- Exceptional Mic quality
- Seamless Compatibility with devices
- Powerful Stereo Sound
- Decent 3D audio Effect
- A space-Age trendy yet understated design
- Built for a new generation - Fine-tuned for 3D Audio on PS5 consoles*. Enjoy comfortable gaming with refined earpads and headband strap. Play in style with a sleek design that complements the PS5 console. * Available when feature is supported by game.
- Designed for gamers - Chat with friends through the hidden noise-cancelling microphones*. Quickly adjust audio and chat settings with easy-access controls. *Internet and account for PlayStation Network required.
- Take your adventures further - Enjoy up to 12 hours wireless play with the built-in rechargeable battery. Easily connect to your PS5 or PS4 console using the wireless adaptor. Connect to PS VR and mobile devices with the included audio cable*. *Built-in headset controls not supported on PS VR and mobile devices.
Headphone Type: Over ear | Drivers : Pro-G 40 mm | Surround Sound: 7.1 | Connection Type: Wireless | Connection Speed: 2.4 GHz Lightspeed low latency | Mic: Flip to Mute Noise Cancelling Microphone (100Hz-20KHz ) | Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 KHz | Battery Life: 15 | Compatible With: Windows 7, MacOS, Chrome OS.
On the design front, not many will be impressed with the understated yet sleek look. But this professional design has managed to get the details right. From the curve of the headband around the ear cups to the mic groove, everything is tied up neatly.
While many gamers would prefer the default powerful bass offered by numerous on this list, there are some who like to play with the EQ settings to find the right sound profile for them. All in all, the surround sound 7.1 feature does well at this minimal price. While It might not win any awards, Logitech G533 has much to recommend for low budget buys.
- Trendy and Professional Design
- One of the affordable wireless gaming headphones
- Adjustable EQ and Surround Setting
- Designed for maximum comfort
- Build from high-quality durable material
- Product 1: Logitech G gaming headset for Windows 7 and later delivers the advanced audio performance normally found in high end audiophile headphones, Custom Sound Profiles settings require Logitech Gaming Software
- Product 1: Patent pending Pro G drivers and DTS Headphone: X 7.1 Surround Sound accurately recreate the in game environmental effects and positional audio that game designers intended you to hear
- Product 1: Pro grade wireless audio with advanced lossless digital audio transmission gives you incredible high fidelity sound and connection strength with up to 15 meters range
Headphone Type: Over Ear | Drivers : 45 mm | Connection Type: Wireless | Connection Speed: 2.4 GHz Lightspeed low latency | Mic: Detachable Boom Microphone (30 – 20,000 Hz) | Frequency Response: 5 – 40,000 Hz | Battery Life: 15 (7 Hours to charge) | Compatible With: Laptops, Macs, and PCs.
Audio-Technica ATH-G1 features the signature futuristic look with its adjustable headband mechanism. To make them better equipped for gamers, ATH-G1 was designed with earcups that rotate and swivel. Moreover, this pair of headphones is also comfortable for people with glasses
In regards to the sound profile, they offer a bass-heavy sound, with emphasized mids and treble. This sound profile is considered to be appealing to a majority of people. The passive noise isolation does a fair job of blocking unnecessary noise, but it will not hold a candle to decent active noise-canceling headphones. But as we have seen, ATH-GH1 does have its own advantages, including replaceable parts.
- Compatibility with a wide-range of platforms
- High Quality Lightweight build
- Spectacular Mic Quality
- Detachable Replaceable parts
- Ideal Sound Profile
- Not compatible with console including PS4 and Xbox. Compatible with laptops, PCs, and Macs (high Sierra, Mojave) with USB Type-A connector.
- Lag-free wireless operation in the 2. 4 GHz range ensures dependable, real-time communication with no interference
- Large-diameter 45 mm drivers are specially tuned to bring audio-technical studio-quality sound to the gaming world
Last update on 2021-03-03 at 23:55