Over the years, social media has turned into a place where health has been a trending topic. Health influencers have ensured that no matter where you go, you’ll be faced with the fact that the world is changing, making healthier choices, and choosing a healthier lifestyle. That lifestyle could begin anywhere, from a healthy diet to an active lifestyle, which includes workouts, which brings us to our current predicament of finding a suitable workout gear, which includes yoga mats, a strap for listening devices, weights, and so much.
Similarly, the need for workout headphones is almost necessary. Now, if you have ever tried working out using a regular pair of earphones or headphones, you might be aware of why it is needed. First, the earbuds will keep falling out. And, one of the times it falls out, it might as well be damaged beyond repair. Second, you might end up hurting yourself with wired headphones. In the case of Bluetooth headphones, activities such as skipping for running might break the connection. This is just the beginning. Some of us sweat a lot while exercising or performing physical activity. Regular headphones aren’t sweat-resistant and might stop working.
To find the best exercise headphones or one that is the best match for you, you need to consider several things.
- Headphone Type:
- Water Resistance:
- Noise Isolation or Canceling:
You have to look for wireless earphones. It could be a behind the ear wireless in-ear headphone but do not select one with long wires.
Select the one that at least offers sweat resistance if not water resistance. There are different water-resistance IP Ratings, with the lower ratings having less water resistance.
Working out is an endeavor that demands focus, but one can’t easily focus in an environment such as a gym, where sounds from other people as well machines can be distracting.
Our curated list includes some of the best headphones for working out. These workout headphones have been critically acclaimed and are considered to be best by some of the experts.
Table of Contents
Headphone Type: In ear- ear buds | Water resistance: IPX7-Rated Water resistancy | Noise Cancelling: Active Noise Cancellation | Battery Life: 7 Hours | Bluetooth: 5.0
Jabra makes some truly wireless earphones developed with a lot of research involved in the scanning of thousand ears. It offers users highly portable earbuds packed into a durable compact case. Both are designed for athletes, runners, and people who follow an active lifestyle. Jabra has offered spare earbuds that come in three sizes, small, medium, and large, which ensures a secure fit for the majority of users. Its IP57 water resistance technology can keep your device safe at a maximum of 1-meter depth for 30 minutes.
Let’s ensure that we don’t confuse Jabra Active Elite 75t for Jabra Elite 75t, which is rated IP55 water and dust resistance. Although water-resistance, the Bluetooth connection doesn’t work underwater. Jabra Elite 75T’s active noise cancellation is limited in a way that one cannot adjust the level. Also, you cannot turn ANC off. But its passive noise cancellation offers an adjustable passthrough mode.
- It comes equipped with the state-of-the-art Active Noise Cancelling and Passive Noise Isolation features.
- With IP57 water resistance, the device can last for 30 minutes at 1-meter water-depth.
- It is equipped with fast charging technology, which ensures full-charge in 2 hours.
- Using the Jabra Sound+ App, users can enable Auto-pause and play feature.
- SECURE ACTIVE FIT – We scanned thousands of ears to create the best-fitting earbuds for a sport that we’ve ever created, with a special grip coating to make sure they stay in while you move; Plus, they’re sweat proof and waterproof with IP57-rated protection
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: With these noise cancelling earbuds, you can filter out the world and focus on your music; Use the Jabra Sound plus App to activate ANC the first time you use it and enable toggling between ANC and Hear Through via your Earbud button
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR CALLS – 4 microphones, the latest digital signal processing and pioneering beam form technology mean these Jabra earbuds offer great call quality wherever you are; Plus, they’re compatible with Siri, Google, and Alexa
Headphone Type: Behind the neck wireless In ear Headphones | Water resistance: IPX4-certified water-resistant | Noise Cancelling: Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 8 Hours | Bluetooth: 4.1
Aukey’s behind the neck in-ear headphones are lightweight headphones equipped with silicon wings that offer a secure fit for active people or athletes. When tested to see if they would slip out when running, they passed the test with flying colors. Aukey’s has provided two additional sizes for silicon wings and earbuds to ensure that they fit most individuals.
When compared to the rest of the workout headphones on the list, Aukey’s might not shine, but it does a good job for a low-priced earphone. Its IPX4 rating ensures it can withstand water splashes and sweat. It is also great for people who are a bit forgetful, as the back of earbuds has magnets that can be used to secure it around your neck.
- Aukey’s offers Excellent sound quality at an affordable price.
- It is equipped with water and sweat resistant features, preventing the earphones from water splashes and profuse sweating.
- It comes with AptX compatibility for maximum performance
- It presents users with an attractive cheaper wireless alternative.
- CD-Quality Wireless Sound: Wirecutter-recommended in-ear headphones with aptX technology for purer wireless audio over Bluetooth 4.1 (with aptX-compatible devices). Get rich, robust sound with punchy bass and a choice of three EQ sound signatures
- Stable & Comfortable Fit: Super-lightweight earbuds with three sizes of ear-tips and in-ear ear-hooks for a customized, firm fit with excellent noise isolation
- Extended Playtime: 8 hours of music (about 120 songs) or 240 hours of standby time on a single 1.5-hour charge
Headphone Type: Behind the neck wireless On ear Headphones | Water resistance: IPX4 Rated water, and sweat resistance | Noise Cancelling: Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 15 Hours
Compared to a majority of fitness headphones, the price of this one is pretty steep, but the overall headphone quality may as well make them worth that amount. It is powered by apple’s H1 wireless chip, which lets you access Siri with voice commands. These earphones have quick and easy controls on the sides of the earbuds. The left one has a power button, whereas the right one allows you to access Siri as well as control play/pause.
Although it has exceptional sound quality, it lacks in any form of noise cancellation or isolation. That might be a deal-breaker for some of you, but unlike some of the high-end devices that do not offer water-resistance, Powerbeats offers IPX4 sweat resistance. Apart from these, the selling point is the battery life. It can be used for 15 hours on a single charge, can’t say the same for most of the workout earphones present in the market.
- Superior sound quality backed by an exceptional bass depth as well as highs.
- Powered by Apple’s H1 chip ensures smooth switching between iOS devices.
- The exceptional design ensures a secure fit, locking the earbuds in place.
- One of the few modern techs that have focused on Ease of access.
- IPX4 sweat and water resistance allow for carefree use.
- High-performance wireless earphones
- Up to 15 hours of listening time
- Adjustable, secure-fit earhooks for comfort and stability
Headphone Type: Behind the neck wireless In ear Headphones | Water resistance: Available to an extent | Noise Cancelling: Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 6 Hours | Bluetooth: 4.1
Although they might look and feel bulky, once you put them in your ear, they won’t budge. The silicon tips do their job of keeping these earbuds in place. Now, only the left earbud has control for power and Bluetooth pairing. For playback, you’ll have to depend on the in-line mike on the wire.
Now, let’s talk about performance. These do exceptionally well with iOS devices, but when paired with some android devices, they are unable to stream high-quality audio. While they don’t support fast charging, it takes only 2 hours to completely charge the earphone. Ideal for athletes, the sound quality is superior to the rest of its peers.
- Secure fit ensures the earphones stay in place while working out.
- There is no drop in the connection, like few others.
- It has a truly terrific Sound quality and offers ease of access.
- It is Sweat-resistant, ensuring that a little sweat doesn’t damage the earphones.
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ. Connectivity technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive stay hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
Headphone Type: In Ear- Earbuds | Water resistance: IPX5 rated water, sweat, and weather resistance | Noise Cancelling: Passive Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 16 Hours | Bluetooth: Not Available
SoundLink’s noise isolation through the circumaural earcups pales in comparison to QuietComfort 35 II’s triple noise-cancellation feature, which we just reviewed.
But a myriad of features makes up for the lack of that one. A lightweight design with generous padding offers soft cushions for the ears. In terms of build, the Headphone shares similarities with QuietComfort, as it is also made from corrosion-resistant steel. The SoundLink II series is another upgrade that has added much to the series of Bose Headphones, thanks to which we now have an accurate audio output.
Additionally, it delivers stunning sound clarity with a combination of the latest technologies such as Triport and Active EQ, which also enables powerful performance at any volume. The two-way microphone system keeps the noise from interfering with your calls. Add to that the effortless switching between two devices.
- Effortless Bluetooth Devices Switching Adding Luxury in process.
- All the Comfort of a high-end Bluetooth headphone at an affordable price
- Enhance active equalization for an excellent musical experience.
- Experience the best of Bose with their Upgraded Circuitry
- MIND-BLOWING SOUND QUALITY: The BE Free8 earbuds feature dynamic drivers with NuForce proprietary Sonic coating, and are compatible with both AAC and aptX LL to provide high fidelity audio to any device including iPhone and Android as well as PCs and Macs.
- MORE LISTENING TIME: BE Free8 users can enjoy up to 4 hours of continuous, uninterrupted music, videos, games and phone calls, and an extra three full charges – in total 16 hours of listening time with its portable charging case.
- COMFORTABLE AND ELEGANT DESIGN: These ergonomically designed earbuds come with SpinFit 360-degree rotation ear tips that provide a secure and comfortable fit. The SpinFit ear tips are exclusively designed for the BE Free8 and come in multiple sizes and shapes.
Headphone Type: In Ear- Earbuds | Water resistance: IPX5 certified Water resistance | Noise Cancelling: Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 5 Hours | Bluetooth: 5.0
RHA TrueConnect has features that made them ideal for workouts and have often been termed as fitness earphones. One thing you need to know about RHA TrueConnect, they did angled nozzles way before Apple Airpods got to them. While Truconnect might have improved upon some features, Apple was the first to launch the wireless AirPods. TrueConnect offers users a truly exceptional design with strategically placed buttons to provide ease of access.
Furthermore, it’s passive isolation features are able to prevent unwanted noises from breaking into the user’s focus during a workout. It also has IPX5 sweat and water resistance, which prevents it from water jets. And these workout headphones are able to maintain a connection without any hitch.
- It comes equipped with USB-C, which facilitates Fast charging.
- It offers users Effective Noise Isolation with first-rate earbuds and tips.
- TrueConnect provides users unbroken connectivity during activities such as running and skipping.
- The intelligently placed onboard controls are terrific for the price range.
- These workout earphones are amongst the most affordable earphones.
- 5hrs playback from a single charge + 20hr charging case with fast charge (15mins = 2. 5hrs).
- Sweat proof and water resistant to IPX5 certification for durable performance.
- Bluetooth 5 and stem design for exceptional connectivity, digital assistant control & Call quality.
Headphone Type: Behind the neck wireless In Ear headphones | Water resistance: IPX7 Water Resistance | Noise Cancelling: Passive Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 8 Hours
While others like TrueConnect and Apple came up with the design, their focus was the general audience. And unlike them, Jaybird initially came up with earphones dedicated to fitness and workout. Jaybird X4 is an upgrade over the Jaybird X3, and they have done great with it.
The key feature that was absent from the earlier version is the IPX7 waterproofing that keeps the earphones safe at one-meter depth for almost 30 minutes. These earphones come with both silicone and memory foam ear tips. The memory foam is a better fit and provides better isolation, but the silicone tips are more comfortable. Moreover, the audio doesn’t skip during workouts.
- The sound quality is its major selling factor with the customization feature added to the mix.
- Offers users interchangeable Silicon and memory foam ear tips for a better workout experience.
- Quick charge feature ensures the earphone is charged in 2 Hours.
- The IPX7 rating ensures that it is safe underwater (1m) for at the most 30 minutes.
- 8 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: A single charge provides 8 hours of wireless play time - plenty of power for a full day outside
- SWEATPROOF & WATERPROOF: Sweat-proof and waterproof (IPX7) protection for gym and fitness workouts and running in all weather conditions
- SPORT-FIT PLUS: Comfortable headphone design runs over your ears for a secure sport fit or under for more relaxed situations
Headphone Type: On Ear | Water resistance: Sweat-resistant P2i nano-coating | Noise Cancelling: Noise Isolation | Battery Life: 18 Hours
Plantronics’s advanced drivers are equipped with the latest acoustic tech that produces rich and deep sound. This one looks comparatively heavy, and some of you might think it’s bulky when we compare it to wireless earbuds or even behind-the-neck earphones. But it is built from lightweight material. It can also be adjusted for proper fit. Additionally, both the ear pads and headband are made of soft memory foam.
The secure fit of these strategic designs has given users highly durable workout earphones. It is also known for its high bass, which is an acquired taste. The durability extends to the water-repellent p2i nano-coating as well. These featured-packed headphones are one of the Best Workout Headphones available at an affordable price.
- Precision-built Lightweight headphones for portability during a workout.
- One of the most affordable workout headphones available in the market.
- Offers user comprehensive controls for easy access.
- Long 18-hour battery life meant for a dedicated workout.
- Top-notch P2i Nano-coating for sweat resistance.
Last update on 2021-04-19 at 04:15