Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Review: Logitech introduced the Ultimate Ears BOOM as a unique speaker. Ultimate boom speaker was popular because of its water resistant feature and great audio performance. Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 though similar in most features has been updated a bit. The best part about the speaker is its voice quality. Even though it is compact, the voice quality doesn’t suffer a bit.
The audio is clean with overall performance of sound quality very balanced. This is the biggest appeals for people eyeing to buy this speaker. The speaker supports loud music and even if the volume base is on the higher side, there’s no leakage in the sound. However, you’ll still find the sound of Bose SoundLink Mini II unmatchable.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speakers are available in different colors and that makes the speaker quite popular in its league. If you compare it with the earlier version, then the sound quality is better. However, the price range might be an issue as it is not that great. There are many features that stand out in this speaker but the one that stands out is its Bluetooth connection.
The Bluetooth connection of the speaker is good and there will be no problem playing music for hours. The app experience with the speaker is also amazing and you can explore many more features along with app integration of the speaker.
Table of Contents
Who is it for and should you buy it?
If rhythmic sound attracts you, then Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speaker is for you. It will surely entice the music lover in you. The range of the speaker is good so you can also use the speaker outdoors. The battery performance of the speaker is fine. On a full charge, it gives 15 hours of playback time.
So, you can enjoy your long music sessions without any disturbance. If you are an app person, then this speaker is good for you. It lets you integrate to the app in Android and IOS devices so that you can control your music on the go. You can control the settings and volume with app integration.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speaker is waterproof and that makes it ideal to use in any setting. If you are seeking good looks, then you’ll be happy with the aesthetics of this speaker as well. It is available in so many colors and the design of the speaker is excellent. In fact, look wise it has an extra edge over other speakers in this range.
The speaker is stain resistant so it is great for your rough use. With its powerful performance and great audio sound, the speaker is definitely a must buy. It’s cute and portable so you can carry it along with you. Its loud and clear audio will surely leave an impact on you.
There are many great features of Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speaker, let us look at some of them.
- Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speaker offers an immersive sound that gives an amazing performance. You will be happy with the audio performance of the speaker. It has a 360-degree sound that blasts loud with the deep bass base.
- The speaker is waterproof. So, whether you play it along in water or snow, the audio quality of the speaker will not get affected. This is the highlight of this great sounding speaker. It is designed to hear music on the go so that you never miss a beat.
- The speaker is crafted from unreserved finest materials so the looks of the speaker are simply amazing. It’s so stylish that you would want to carry it wherever you go. It not only looks stunning but its performance is also great.
- It lets you integrate the performance by the app. Through the booming app, you can connect to more than 100 mega boom and boom speakers. The speaker also lets you connect any device. So, it’s an ideal choice for your house party.
- You can integrate this speaker with Siri and Google now so you can completely enjoy the performance of the moment. It also lets you pause or skip any song with a single tap.
- Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speaker is PX7 rated. The speaker can be absorbed in water for up to 30 minutes. You can enjoy the sound of the music even in rains.
- The speaker has a battery life of up to 15 hours with a single charge. It comes with a micro USB charger. The normal charge time of the battery is 2.5 hours to enjoy nonstop music.
- It lets you pair up to 8 devices and two devices at a time. It lets you play seamlessly integrated music from different boom sources. The speaker features NFC passive network that lets you enjoy music anywhere without any sound leakage.
- The speaker is compatible with all the playback devices. It features advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)] or 3.5 mm audio output.
- The speaker comes with an integrated climate door that protects the 3.5mm aux-in port. There is a removing D-ring with tripod mount insert.
- The speaker is available in trendy and flashy colors, so you can take your pick.
Design & Build Quality
The design of the Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 speaker is amazing and stylish. The rubber plastic gives a good grip so you can place it anywhere. There is fabric covering the speaker that is waterproof. It’s so durable that you can also use it for your pool party. On the front panel of the speaker, there is a UE sign that looks classy.
The volume control buttons are on the front so you can easily access the speaker with one touch. The build quality is sturdy and even if you drop the speaker several times, there won’t be a scratch. It will not affect the audio performance of the speaker, which is great. It’s a stylish speaker for the price it offers with different design and color options.
Sound Quality and Speakerphone
The sound quality of the speaker is clean and the audio is sweet. You can play any music genre with ease and total control. It has two drivers so the sound is smooth and there is no leakage in the sound. The low-frequency base of the speaker is good and there is no crack. The mid-frequency sound of the speaker is fine and there will not be any problem even if you play it loud. The JBL Charge 2+ is a very close rival of Ultimate Ears BOOM 2. While UE BOOM 2 is has punchier bass JBL Charge 2+ is a boomier little warm speaker.
On the higher frequency, the sound depends on the volume and music control. However, with loud volume also, it works fine. The bass performance of the speaker is good and this is where it scores the highest. The overall sound quality is amazing with no hiccups.
Setup and Software
The setup of the speaker is clean. There are no added buttons or controls in the speaker. You just need to tap the top of the speaker to play or pause the music track. You can also integrate the speaker with the app. It works on almost all the android and IOS devices. The app lets you integrate with other features to give you an amazing performance.
It also works with Siri and Google now. You can simply integrate and enjoy the performance on the go. It lets you turn on and turn off the speaker with the app too. There is a firmware update feature that helps to integrate with the latest software update. You won’t miss anything with the software update feature.
Performance and Compatibility
The clear audio performance is the highlight of this amazing speaker. The audio quality is simply great with a good bass. You can play the music loud and clear without an issue. The balance is perfect and the compatibility with different devices is great.
Talking about compatibility, the speaker is compatible with every boom device. You can connect the speaker with two devices and enjoy loud music. You can also pair up to eight Bluetooth enabled devices to enjoy your music.
Connectivity and Battery Life
The wireless connectivity of the speaker is great as it easily integrates with almost all the Bluetooth devices. The mobile range of the speaker is up to 100 feet, which is amazing.
The battery life is 15 hours with continuous playback. Once you charge the battery, it will last without any issue. It takes up to 2.5 hours to charge the device in its full functionality. The battery performance is amazing.
- It looks stylish.
- It is water resistant.
- The battery is good.
- The sound is amazing.
- App integration is cool.
- Weak in low tones.
- Control is average.
- Too funky in looks.
- Can distort at times.
- Not many color options.
Last update on 2021-01-25 at 21:18